Missionary Shoes



Tonight I had the privilege of watching on Facebook Live as my good friends welcomed their son home from his mission.

I was flooded with emotions as I watched him embrace his mom, brothers and dad.

There are so many experiences good and bad, difficult and rewarding, heart-breaking and testimony-building that come to a peak at these times.  They are incredibly individual.  For the missionaries and their loved ones.  

But at that moment all I could see was his parents saying "well done, welcome home". 

It reminded me of a picture my cousin sent me of shoes worn by a missionary that her family had helped welcome home.

"How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him that bringeth good tidings, that publisheth peace; that bringeth good tidings of good, that publisheth salvation; that saith unto Zion, Thy God reigneth!’"

-Isaiah 52:7


These shoes showed so much evidence of service, effort and sacrifice to share such a beautiful message that comes down to these three words of hope and healing.  


Thy God reigneth! 


How blessed we are to know this.  How thankful I am for all those who give of themselves to share it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trust

Pancake Stirrers

Entitlement