The Bad News and The Good News

 

My mom's friend shared this note her daughter left for her dad on the bathroom mirror. 

She had lost the remote.  A seemingly small thing but she knew her dad would be disappointed. 

And she hoped she would still be in his good graces.  She had searched for the remote but couldn't find it.

So in the beautiful hand of a child she broke it down and scrawled it on the bathroom mirror where he would be sure to find it. 

"There is bad news and good news. Bad news: we did not find the remote.  Good news: you are still my favorite dad."

She closes it with a teary sad face and a heart to show her remorse and love.

Isn't that what we are all saying at times?  Bad news and good news.  I've messed up again.  I've tried but I don't think I can fix it. But I really hope I'm still loved.  I really hope that hasn't changed. 

These words in D&C 3:10 ring true:

"But remember, God is merciful; therefore, repent of that which thou hast done which is contrary to the commandment which I gave you, and thou art still chosen, and art again called to the work;"

Remember.  God is merciful.  

Even when we don't deserve it.  That's the very definition of mercy.  

Now He does tell us to repent and in verse 11 follows that if we don't we may lose our access to our gifts.  Consequences still happen. His laws have to be followed. 

But His love is still there unchanged.   

Elder Uchtdorf testified:

"Though we are incomplete, God loves us completely. Though we are imperfect, He loves us perfectly. Though we may feel lost and without compass, God's love encompasses us completely. ... He loves every one of us, even those who are flawed, rejected, awkward, sorrowful, or broken."

And that's the good news!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trust

Pancake Stirrers

Entitlement