Sources



 I was at the grocery store this week picking up some needed items when I got a text that a meeting time had changed and my boss needed me to head to work immediately.  

I quickly got into the checkout line, but the cashier was not in the same hurry I was.  I even told her I was in a hurry but as she leisurely scanned my items she paused and asked, "Do you know much about crabgrass?"

"No," I said.  I handed her the next item hoping to keep the process moving.  

She took the can and held it, oblivious to my facial expressions trying to urge her on.  "Do you know when is the best time for me to apply the stuff to my lawn to treat it? I really hate crabgrass."

"I don't. Maybe you could read the bag or call the company." 

"Well I asked them at Lowe's and they said there isn't a special week to apply it."

I eventually got out of there.  I don't know how her grass turned out but she was definitely looking for advice in the wrong place.  

But sometimes I find myself and others basically seeking information and knowledge from similar random strangers online instead of turning to the best and truest sources.  

The ones that Heavenly Father has preserved and provided to us.  The sources that will uplift us and teach us divine and eternal truths about all we need to know. 

"There is no doctrine more fundamental to our work than the Atonement of Jesus Christ.  At every appropriate opportunity, testify of the Savior and of the power of His Atoning sacrifice. Use scriptures that teach of Him and why He is the perfect pattern for everyone in life.  You will need to study diligently. Do not become so absorbed with trivial things that you miss learning the doctrine and teachings of the Lord. With a solid, personal doctrinal foundation, you will be a powerful source for sharing vital truths with others who desperately need them."

-Richard G Scott

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trust

Pancake Stirrers

Entitlement