Praying to Listen



 A poem inspired by D&C 45:1-15.


Dear Savior, remind me when I’m lost in the crowd

That you’ve already taught me that you’re not in the loud.


When I scroll through the screens taking in all the voices,

Help me pause and remember I’m master of my own choices.


Give me wisdom to know when to let arguments go,

When to write in the dust, and to let my words be slow.


Remind me to walk in my own wilderness oft,

For that’s where I feel you, where my heart is most soft.


Remind me to pause, to know you’re there and be still;

To let the earth softly heal me, let your Spirit refill.


Remind me to listen not to everything, but to you;

You’re my advocate, my brother, my friend most true. 


You’ve prayed for me, for my suffering, and offered your own

For me you were raised, for me you did atone. 


Your voice is the clarity, making sense of confusion

The light shining brightly to reveal my delusion.


Please soften my anger, replace my anxiety with hope

Please direct me daily as I learn to better cope. 


Thank you for loving me, in all my messy imperfection

It is you I long to see in my holy reflection. 


I believe! But help my unbelief, as I grow my faith more each day

Thanks for catching me when I stumble all along the way.


Forgive me when I get distracted and miss what you say to do

Keep reminding, and know I’m trying to come follow you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trust

Pancake Stirrers

Entitlement