I've Got You



 A friend once told me that the Gospel of Jesus Christ is too much of setting people up for failure by giving commandments that are impossible to keep.  He said that He didn't need some kind of God just waiting for him to mess up and strike him with lightning.

I felt sad for him to not have a more perfect understanding.

Because I know that Jesus wasn't sent to play the role of someone waiting to say "gotcha" but rather waiting to say "I've got you."  

Do you hear and feel the difference?  Heavenly Father KNEW we were going to make a lot of mistakes.  That's why He sent Jesus who says "I've got you."

"There are times when each of us needs “relief from feelings of guilt that come from mistakes and sins.”   As we repent, the Savior removes the guilt from our souls.

Through His atoning sacrifice, our sins are remitted. With the exception of sons of perdition, the Atonement is available to everyone all the time, no matter how large or small the sin, “on conditions of repentance.”  (Sheri Dew)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trust

Pancake Stirrers

Entitlement