Small Acts



 I heard someone say that if you focus on the complaints in life you miss out on seeing all the small but sincere blessings and kindnesses that happen.  I recognized in my efforts to take care of things, that I had stopped looking for those.  

So I paid closer attention.  

I came home Friday to find that during his lunch break George had come home and changed the sheets on our bed for me. I had been too tired the last few nights and it was a lovely sight to come home to.

Saturday I was supposed to meet a friend for lunch and appreciated her grace and kind response when I had to cancel due to a situation that arose.

Another friend stopped by and brought me some radishes since she knew I liked them (with salt as you can clearly see). 

Ella helped clean up the kitchen without me asking.

Alex sent me a picture of a rainbow because she thought I would like it. 

Another friend stopped by for a walk.  

None of these were huge tasks but they all made me smile and appreciate their thoughts and efforts.  

As President Barbara B Smith simply stated, "..small acts of kindness do matter."

We need to watch for and appreciate them every bit as much as we need to find opportunities to perform them. What small acts of kindness have you noticed lately?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trust

Pancake Stirrers

Entitlement