Good People

 



I have seen much evidence this week that speaks against the pessimistic views and mood hanging over our society.  


I believe that good people are all around us.  I see them.  I'm blessed by them. I learn from their example.


I'm working on becoming more like them.   With the help of my Savior.


But every now and then I need concrete tips.  Not just a general "try harder".  Tell me how!

Lead me, guide me, walk beside me!


So I spent some time studying the words of our prophets.  


President Gordon B Hinckley gave this fabulous counsel on being good people, "We can lower our voices a few decibels. We can return good for evil. We can smile when anger might be so much easier. We can exercise self-control and self-discipline and dismiss any affront levied against us.


Let us be a happy people. The Lord’s plan is a plan of happiness. The way will be lighter, the worries will be fewer, the confrontations will be less difficult if we cultivate a spirit of happiness."


Smile.  Speak more softly.  Dismiss affronts.  


It's a great place to start! Any plan that will yield fewer worries, more light and less contention is a plan I want to be a part of. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trust

Pancake Stirrers

Entitlement