Worry

 



In Guatemala, a custom is made of giving people these tiny worry dolls.  Children can tell their worries to the dolls, place them under their pillows and their worries will be replaced with wisdom and strength while they sleep.


What a beautiful and empowering custom!


I found myself needing some correction in my prayers.  I'm afraid too often I pray asking primarily for the removal of, or absence  of troubles rather than for the strength and wisdom through His grace to handle them. 


While it is true that even Jesus Christ once prayed asking that "this cup be removed from me", He also conceded to the Father saying nevertheless not my will, but thine be done.


We can turn our worries over to him and pray for wisdom and strength.  


I believe that as we do, we will find solutions through inspiration and see growth in ourselves that can't be obtained any other way.  


Right now, we are facing a bit of a financial burden as we figure out this next phase of medical bills.  


But I truly believe that when we turn it over to him, we will gain the wisdom to know how to trim our spending and make good financial decisions.  We may be able understand and navigate the labyrinth of medical paperwork and possible savings.


We will receive the strength to work the extra needed shifts.  And to help support a sick child.  That strength will come to us both individually and through the efforts of others lifting us. 


He has promised to take our worries if we will give them to Him.  If we will lay them on the altar of sacrifice.   And in return he will sustain us, even when it's hard. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trust

Pancake Stirrers

Entitlement