Today

 



I remember one time when I was driving home from Indianapolis after taking Alex and her friend to the zoo.


I had made the trip many times, but on this day I started following a semi and mindlessly followed him  off the wrong exit and due west instead of due south for 50 miles.  


50 miles!!! 


I passed towns I didn't recognize and unfamiliar landmarks and still kept driving.  


I had made this trip before so it should be fine, right? 


Wrong. 


Finally I knew I was lost (and this was pre-GPS) and much to my chagrin I had to call George.  


He helped me figure out where I was and made arrangements to go get the other kids since I would now be very late getting home.


I lost my way because I stopped being intentional about my navigation and just started following the crowd.  


How many times have I done that same thing in my spiritual life?


How many times have I caught myself wondering why inspiration seems less clear and find myself just going through the motions or following the crowd with no real thought about where they are headed?


I really appreciated this statement in this week's Come Follow Me lesson:

"regardless of our past experiences, our spiritual strength depends on the choices we make today."


What can I do today to increase my spiritual strength?


That's a post-it going on my mirror.  


Because every day matters.  


And I so easily forget.  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trust

Pancake Stirrers

Entitlement