Hard Days

 


Heavenly Father,


My heart is aching for my friend.  


My friend Rachael.  


Her cancer is back. 


I'm tired of people I love hurting. 


I'm worried because this time she KNOWS what is ahead of her and she's tired before she has started.  


She is strong and faithful and loves you. 


And she has never expected to have a lack of trials because of that.


She knows it's the plan.  But it's still so very, very hard. 


So tonight I'm crying  with her, because it's not only okay to cry at the sad parts, it's what we are called to do together. 


I know you know all of this.  


In an intimate and personal way I can't even begin to understand.


I know you are crying with her too.


Because in my reading in Isaiah 63:9 today he taught, "In all their affliction he was afflicted, and the angel of his presence saved them: in his love and in his pity he redeemed them; and he bare them, and carried them all the days of old."


You will stand with her again.  


Her pain you've experienced, her fear, her anger, her frustration.  


You know her tears because you have felt them.


And yet you still have room and love for my second-hand tears as well.  And that is amazing. 


I know you already know all of this.  


But thanks for always being there.  Especially on the hard, hard days. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trust

Pancake Stirrers

Entitlement