Full

 



I was teaching first grade today and they were learning about the word "powerful".


As I wrote it on the board, I underlined the "ful" suffix and connected it back to power and explained it meant full of power.


Then I asked them about other words with that ending.


"Thankful!" One boy called out.

"That's full of thanks," a classmate added.


"Joyful is full of joy!" exclaimed an impish blonde girl from the carpet. 


"Helpful is full of helping."


"And beautiful is full of beautifulness?"


One boy jumped up with excitement and shouted, "I've got one.  Dinnerful is full of dinner!"


I chuckled and congratulated them on their good word detective skills.  


But later found my self asking these simple questions:  


What is my heart full of?  What would those around me say that they see and feel overflowing from me? 


Am I peaceful?  Resentful? Joyful? Dreadful? Graceful? Awful? Grateful? Hateful? Vengeful? 


What ever I let fill my heart and soul up is certainly what will spill out when I am under stress. 


"But Ammon said unto him: I do not boast in my own strength, nor in my own wisdom; but behold, my joy is full, yea, my heart is brim with joy, and I will rejoice in my God." (Alma 26:11)


What do you want to be full of? How can you begin collecting drops of goodness today? 


I need to be purposeful and mindful about what's in my heart! 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trust

Pancake Stirrers

Entitlement