Colors

 



We watched "A Man Called Otto" last night.


Okay George watched the whole thing and I watched the first twenty minutes and fell asleep....but I finished it today.


What a beautiful and emotional message about how we all have things to give and contribute.  We all have reasons to live.


The theme song, "Till You're Home" has a powerful lyric that states 


I will tell you the whole truth,

That there's no color in the world without you.


Each and everyone of us.  


That includes me and you and every other soul on this earth.


Those who seem to have it all and those who are misunderstood, angry, hurt, and lonely.


Sister Reyna I Aburto spoke passionately of this, "Sadly, many who suffer from severe depression distance themselves from their fellow Saints because they feel they do not fit some imaginary mold. We can help them know and feel that they do indeed belong with us. It is important to recognize that depression is not the result of weakness, nor is it usually the result of sin.   It “thrives in secrecy but shrinks in empathy.”20 [Jane Clayson Johnson, Silent Souls Weeping (2018), 197.] Together, we can break through the clouds of isolation and stigma so the burden of shame is lifted and miracles of healing can occur."


My daughter just returned from a youth leadership conference where one of the speakers taught them about mental health and proper treatment.  


As she sat on my bed next to me and recounted what she had learned including that we may often need the help of both medical professionals AND Jesus Christ, I was grateful that she is hearing that from more than one source.  


And that in a world where Satan will always attack our societal weaknesses, the pervasive lie that the world would be better off without us is just that- a blatant lie.


Yes, it may be cloudy and dark and heavy at the moment.  But the sun does and will keep shining.


And the color that you personally add to life will be just what another struggling person needs.  


I simply can't imagine my world without the colors of all those around me. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trust

Pancake Stirrers

Entitlement