With my right arm in a sling, my weaker hand is getting some unfamiliar practice.


I was filling in as the school librarian today and after we had read some books the students had time to choose an activity in our maker area (building), coding area, art area or games.  


One student asked me to color with her.


As my left hand awkwardly grasped the colored pencils it felt unnatural and my coloring strokes were far from perfect.  


But with each stroke they got a little better.  


I thought about how as our gospel understanding grows we are challenged to do new things, and they may feel unnatural and hard.


But hard doesn't mean bad.  


Elder Isaac K Morrison taught, "The hard things in our lives should come as no surprise once we have entered the strait and narrow path.  Jesus Christ learned “obedience by the things which he suffered.”  As we follow Him, especially in our difficult times, we can grow to become more like Him."  


We can get stronger even if our initial efforts feel and look sloppy.


Because we are amazing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trust

Pancake Stirrers

Entitlement