Mountains

 



I got up extra early this morning and was waiting for a breathtaking sunrise in the peaks of the Colorado mountains.  


It felt like 32 degrees and I was freezing but decided to do my scripture study while shifting from one foot to the other from my vantage point on a bridge.  


I looked up at the towering peaks outlined by the predawn light and looked up every scripture about mountains.


Strangely I was drawn to 1 Samuel 17:3.  The set up for David and Goliath.


"And the Philistines stood on a mountain on the one side, and Israel stood on a mountain on the other side: and there was a valley between them."


It's not just enough to be at a high place.  


It has to be the Lord's place.  


There are multiple times in scripture where people are directed by the Lord to go to a mountain to receive revelation.  


But He doesn't just say pick whichever mountain you want.  


Or which makes the most sense to you.


Or which is closest or easiest.


He dictates where they need to go.  


And sometimes how.


He tells Moses to lead the people in compassing, or going around, Mount Seir before they go up.


They have to go to the mountain where God is directing them.


This morning my mountain was on that bridge, watching the very subtle and unglorious shifting of light gradually brightening around me.


No extra colors to take my breath away.


Just the whisper of the Spirit reminding me that often the mountain may be less obvious or glorious, but the light still comes.  


As long as I'm on the right one.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trust

Pancake Stirrers

Entitlement