The NEST

 



Every once in awhile I recognize pure divine  inspiration in a way that absolutely can not be denied.


This is that.


My new job was supposed to reimagine the in-school suspension room at the junior high.  Also called the "Reset Room".  


Only I hated the name.  


It needed to reflect love.  


And rising above our mistakes.  


And learning new skills.  


We aren't computers that can simply reboot.  


I spent two months trying to come up with something.


And still had nothing.


Then the day of our final meeting I walked in and saw the large redhawk on the wall- our school mascot.


What about a nest, I thought.


And then these words clearly came into my mind.  


NEEDING EXTRA SUPPORT TODAY.


I presented the idea five minutes later and it was unanimously adopted.


I started to make a poster of it and after a couple hours of looking at clipart and pictures, I remembered I had taken a picture of an osprey nest in Montana a few years ago.


We had driven past the nest and then turned around to go back and get the photo.  


And it was perfect.  


The NEST was born.


And every day I walk in and remember this is a holy work, and that my job is to provide them the support they need that day.


And I remember that loving Heavenly Parents are caring about each of these precious children.


As it states in the Young Women theme "I am a beloved daughter (or son)  of Heavenly Parents, with a divine nature and eternal destiny.”


And that changes everything.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trust

Pancake Stirrers

Entitlement