A 13 year old biking home from school was hit by a car. 


Police were there quickly. 


And life flight came and transported him to the closest trauma center.


Where his mama sits beside his bed waiting and pleading with heaven.


Faculty gathered as we made plans to teach, protect and support the hundreds of teens in our care while profoundly feeling the absence of the one.


And yet the needs of others don't magically disappear in the midst of tragedy for one.


And so we give and stand and hug and support and love.


And a few hours later I am at a concert that Ella is performing in, and these touching lyrics based on Christ's final moments, his final prayers in mortality, are performed. From local composers, Susan and Lee Dengler's choral suite for Holy Week:


My God, I feel forsaken.  My God, I feel alone.

My sin has left me far from you, a child so far from home.

My God, I feel forgotten. My God, I feel distressed,

Yet you have said You'd never leave, and in Your word I rest.


For I am hard pressed, but never crushed.

I am perplexed, without despair,

And though abandoned I am not alone. 

You see my God, I know You are there. 


So when I feel forsaken, and when I feel alone,

I trust in your unfailing love 

And hear you calling from above to lead me Home. 


And I am filled. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trust

Pancake Stirrers

Entitlement