Details

 



I was staring out the window as we flew over the European Alps this morning.


I was eating a decent meal of scrambled eggs and roasted cherry tomatoes and feeling the warmth in my belly.  It was toasty warm on this flight- so much so that I never even opened the blanket they gave us. 


Then I noticed at the very bottom edge of my window a bit of frost on the outside. 


Under magnification I could see the intricate pattern of nature in the crystalline fingers stretching from the tiny crystal. 


I realized in my comfort inside the plane I hadn’t even thought about how cold it was outside.


At 10,000 m up, the air is bitterly cold and that is true even if I can’t feel it.  


Even if it doesn’t match what I am personally experiencing.


But when I stop to look for the evidence it is there in intricate and beautiful patterns. 


Sometimes in life we aren’t feeling God’s presence or love at the moment.


It doesn’t seem to match what we are personally experiencing.


But if we will look closely and carefully; if we will earnestly pray to see the Hands of Divinity in our lives, that evidence will come into focus and we will see glimpses, miracles and reassurances.


Sister Susan H Porter explained, “God’s love is not found in the circumstances of our lives but in His presence in our lives. We know of His love when we receive strength beyond our own and when His Spirit brings peace, comfort, and direction. At times it may be difficult to feel His love. We can pray to have our eyes opened to see His hand in our lives and to see His love in the beauty of His creations.”


The beauty of creations as simple as a tiny ice crystal on the outside of a window.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Never Fall Away

Pancake Stirrers

Entitlement