Follow Me



 We were driving down the road when we passed a car with this sassy message simultaneously prompting caution in speed and contemplation in life.  

Do I?  Do I follow Jesus? How closely? 

Jesus uses the phrase "follow me" 28 times in the scriptures.  

Am I as careful to follow him along my route as I am to get to my next destination?

Luke Chapter 9 reminds us why we would follow him.  

23¶ And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me.

24For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: but whosoever will lose his life for my sake, the same shall save it.

25For what is a man advantaged, if he gain the whole world, and lose himself, or be cast away?

To paraphrase another quote, in the end if we aren't following Jesus it won't matter who or what we followed instead.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trust

Pancake Stirrers

Entitlement