Measuring




 When Ella was a toddler one of her best friends was "Measure",  a cloth measuring tape that she drug around all the time in her pillow case.  It reminded me that because she had been born so early we had to measure her development against her own time table and no one else's.  

D&C 41:8 serves as a similar reminder for us all:

"And again, it is meet that my servant Sidney Rigdon should live as seemeth him good, inasmuch as he keepeth my commandments." 

I love this scripture.  I love that it starts with the word again.  They needed reminded and so do we.

As long as he was keeping the commandments, Sidney could use his own judgment to live as he thought was best for him and his family. He got to figure it out and choose for himself.

The same goes for us.  The comparison or measurement we make should be our lives against the commandments, not our lives against anyone else's. 

This one is going on my fridge this week!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trust

Pancake Stirrers

Entitlement