Reading



 In D&C 55:4 William W Phelps is given an important assignment:

"And again, you shall be ordained to assist my servant Oliver Cowdery to do the work of printing, and of selecting and writing books for schools in this church, that little children also may receive instruction before me as is pleasing unto me."

Little children being taught from books is pleasing to Him.

You know who else it is pleasing to? 

Children. They are wired to learn. 

Teaching children to read unlocks their power to see and learn about the experiences of other times and places.  It increases their ability to see from multiple perspectives and to better interact with the world. 

As George RR Martin said, "I have lived a thousand lives and I have loved a thousand loves. I've walked on distant worlds and seen the end of time. Because I read."

How beautiful is it that we were created with the intelligence to read!  We need to model it and encourage it in our children.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trust

Pancake Stirrers

Entitlement