All Things

 





Yesterday as we were driving across South Dakota, George was at the wheel and I was doing some National Park research as we headed toward the Badlands.  


Isn't it amazing that we have technology that lets us do this?!!


Anyway, I stumbled across a useful forum advising on the roads less traveled and hidden wonders within the parks.  We don't love huge crowds so this was full of great little nuggets of wisdom to help in our planning.


I try to avoid the comments section in general, because it often leaves me feeling pessimistic about humanity as a whole, but sure enough I got caught up in one conversation chain.


A woman was complaining that we wouldn't need all this information if the government would build more beautiful national parks and especially things like colorful mountains and geysers.  🤦‍♀️ 


At first I thought she must be using sarcasm but twenty minutes into the arguments showed me she had many who supported the notion.  And many who shared their astonishment at her ideas in mean and cruel ways. 


George, Ella and I laughed a bit at the arguments and the very thought we could just build a whole new mountain range.  


Some things are God's work.  


Colossians 1:16 testifies, "For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:"


As I looked out over the amazing creations of the Badlands, the ever changing handiwork of the elements triumphantly shouted that there is a God.  He created this world.  And it is ours to care for, love and use for good.  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trust

Pancake Stirrers

Entitlement