Cheerfully Keeping Our Covenants



 My monthly razor blade subscription came today.  I like that I don't even have to think about it.  They just show up and quietly take the payment out of my bank account.

I also have data storage subscriptions, meal planning, streaming packages and a host of other things.

(On a side note I am also now getting Better Haimes and Gardens Magazine but I don't get charged for that.  I can only assume that one of the many people who have been through our home in the last two months thought I could use a little inspiration.  I'm choosing to be grateful rather than offended!😂)

In our world today we can subscribe to almost anything. But as I was reading something that was dwelling on negativity once again and I could feel my spirit becoming discouraged, I had this thought. Why are you subscribing to the gloom and doom? 

The Gospel of Jesus Christ is full of light and promise.  Teach me to walk in the light, not the dark! 

President Linda Burton made this empowering promise, "Making and cheerfully keeping our covenants gives validity and life to the vital sacred and saving ordinances we need to receive in order to obtain “all that [the] Father hath." 

What a beautiful and uplifting promise!  How thankful I am for leaders who guide us to the light to overcome the gloom and discouragement of the world.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trust

Pancake Stirrers

Entitlement