Pretty Close



I was looking back at a past journal entry on my health habits.  I had been on a trip and had tried to be more intentional about my choices.  But this is what I wrote about one habit that needed some work:

I still tracked what I ate and kept coming in "pretty close" to my goal. And sure enough pretty close to my little goals won't get me to my big goals.  I was just a bit lazy on that.


There are definitely places where we need to give ourselves grace and accept our best efforts.  But here I was clearly noting a pattern where I was getting sloppy.  


And if I'm honest with myself it's a good time for me to see if there are some small goals I can tighten up that might better get me to where I want to be. 


As we read in Alma 37:6, "Now ye may suppose that this is foolishness in me; but behold I say unto you, that by small and simple things are great things brought to pass; and small means in many instances doth confound the wise."


In many cases "pretty close" on the small goals won't get me to the big ones.  




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trust

Pancake Stirrers

Entitlement