Light and Truth



 This picture has hung in my bedroom for many years.  I love the image of the woman teaching her child the scriptures.

D&C 93:40 "But I have commanded you to bring up your ​​​children​ in ​​​light​ and truth."

When I read that scripture today I had a distinct memory of sitting in a Relief Society with my oldest child, a tiny infant in my arms as we sang "Teach Me To Walk In The Light".  

I couldn't take my eyes from his sweet little face as I let the lyrics speak to my heart. 

"Come, little child, and together we'll learn

Of his commandments, that we may return

Home to his presence, to live in his sight--

Always, always to walk in the light."

The way that we bring our children up in light and truth isn't for us to figure it all out and then tell them.  It's our job to take their hands, show them the light we have found and continue the journey together.  To teach them to trust in divine light and truth as we take our own steps in faith.  

And that job is never done....but what a beautiful job it is.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trust

Pancake Stirrers

Entitlement