Mantra



 Our leadership team rolled out a new mantra that I completely love this year.  We share it with staff and students alike.  I have found it to be a guiding influence in many areas of my life.  

We got our shirts today and it made me even more excited.  The mantra reads:

I know where I am.

I know where I'm going.

I know how to get there.

I believe I can do it.

And I want to.


Tonight I was thinking about how that has a great gospel and life application too.  And how I may need to work on one aspect at a time.  


I know where I am.  I make honest reflections and look at both my strengths and my weaknesses.  Elder Erich W Kopischke reminded, "When we engage in sincere, honest reflection, we do not rationalize or deceive ourselves."  Some people are better at accurate self-reflection than others.  Sincere prayer and the Holy Ghost can assist.


I know where I'm going.  In D&C 98:18 Jesus teaches of our celestial opportunities.  "Let not your hearts be troubled; for in my Father’s house are many mansions, and I have prepared a place for you; and where my Father and I am, there ye shall be also."  Aim high for our potential is glorious! Our Heavenly Parents just want us to return.


I know how to get there.  Jesus has taught us and shown us this.  Love God first and fully.  Love and serve others.  Make and keep sacred covenants.  Line upon line, precept upon precept.  Obey the commandments.  Follow the prophet.  Study and learn. Repent and draw upon the power of Jesus Christ.   


I believe I can do it.   Sister Elaine S Dalton shared these powerful thoughts.   "Before you came to this earth you were tutored at your Father’s knee. You have been reserved to come to the earth for a special purpose. There are things for each of you to do that no one else can do as well. You have a destiny to fulfill.  Your righteous example as one of the believers will make a difference in the world, so “be not weary in well-doing, for ye are laying the foundation of a great work."


And I want to.   I have to really want to.  I have to want it more than anything else.  Neil A Maxwell further taught, "What we insistently desire, over time, is what we will eventually become and what we will receive in eternity. “For I [said the Lord] will judge all men according to their works, according to the desire of their hearts”  (D&C 137:9). 


I know where I am.

I know where I'm going.

I know how to get there. 

I believe I can do it.

And I want to.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trust

Pancake Stirrers

Entitlement