Suffering

 


One of the talks that spoke to me personally last week was by Elder Anthony D Perkins. 

"The Lord told His covenant people, “I have refined thee … ; I have chosen thee in the furnace of affliction.”Whatever the cause of your sufferings, your loving Heavenly Father can direct them to refine your soul. Refined souls can bear others’ burdens with true empathy and compassion.  Refined souls who have come “out of great tribulation” are prepared to joyfully live in God’s presence forever, and “God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes.”

In my moments of the most exhaustion and the most hurting, it is infinitely helpful to know that He can make amazing things out of even my most desperate and devastating situations.  It is something I have first hand experienced.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trust

Pancake Stirrers

Entitlement