Voice of My Servants

 


Years ago a good friend stopped by my home on a Monday and commented that she had driven by the previous day and noted that our van was home in the driveway even though it was Sunday morning.  She wondered if everything was okay.

I explained that it had been General Conference, a time when we gather (virtually if not literally) and hear inspired messages from our prophet and church leaders. 

She spoke of the importance of prophets and studying their words in her own Jewish faith and then commented, "It must give you a lot of comfort and assurance to have a prophet speaking to you.  What did he say?"

I don't remember exactly what I told her that day, but I do remember the overwhelming recognition that I took having a prophet and hearing him speak for granted.  

D&C 1:38

"What I the Lord have spoken, I have spoken, and I excuse not myself; and though the heavens and the earth pass away, my word shall not pass away, but shall all be fulfilled, whether by mine own voice or by the voice of my servants, it is the same."

I hope I give the messages, promises and counsel coming from inspired leaders tomorrow and Sunday the full reverence and appreciation they deserve.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trust

Pancake Stirrers

Entitlement