Gratitude





 I was looking out my back, eastern facing window and noticed a faint pink tinge to the clouds.  


It probably would have been imperceptible or at least unnoticed, but I'm in the habit of watching skies.  (I know, shocking.)


Anyway, my experience told me to go immediately check the front view, as that pink was usually reflections of the sunset on the western horizon.


Sure enough, because I've practiced and developed the art of finding beautiful skies, I was met by a beautiful sight. I knew what to look for so it was easy. 


Similarly, I have found that when I am practicing the art of gratitude it becomes easier and easier to see the Lord's hand and the goodness of others in my life as well as others'. 


President Bonnie D Parkin, described it like this. "Gratitude is a Spirit-filled principle. It opens our minds to a universe permeated with the richness of a living God. Through it, we become spiritually aware of the wonder of the smallest things, which gladden our hearts with their messages of God’s love. This grateful awareness heightens our sensitivity to divine direction."


Gratitude is an art worth developing.  With it you will find evidence not only of Heavenly Parents but also their love for us.  And you will find it everywhere.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trust

Pancake Stirrers

Entitlement