Exalted or Exhausted
On Sunday I was taking notes during Sacrament meeting and attempted to write down this quote from Marion G Romney. "Service is the very fiber of which an exalted life in the celestial kingdom is made." But when I typed it into my phone, it autocorrected exalted to exhausted. It made me laugh because there are times when service can indeed leave me feeling exhausted. I pondered on what makes it exalting and what makes it exhausting. Exalted means to lift higher, to a more noble character. I think that means focusing more on the spiritual principles than necessarily the temporal presentation of the service. It also means aligning it with our own abilities, and availabilities. Kathleen Hughes counseled, "Sometimes we are our own worst enemies. Let’s simplify. The message of a good lesson comes through spiritual preparation. Let’s put our focus on the principles of the gospel and on the material in our study guides. Let’s prepare to cr...

Comments
Post a Comment