Sunflowers

 



When I returned home last night, I was met with this beautifully sunny sight.  


A friend had dropped them by the house for me. 


Sunflowers are cheerful, bright, and can grow in less than optimal soul.  


I'm balancing frustration, exhaustion, worry, and pain this week.  It's called life.  


But I'm also aware of the light, friendships, laughter, family, love, insights and ultimately peace that is present in even greater quantities in my life.  Because of Jesus Christ.


Elder Cook taught, "One of the remarkable characteristics of young wild sunflowers, in addition to growing in soil that is not hospitable, is how the young flower bud follows the sun across the sky. In doing so, it receives life-sustaining energy before bursting forth in its glorious yellow color.


Like the young sunflower, when we follow the Savior of the world, the Son of God, we flourish and become glorious despite the many terrible circumstances that surround us. He truly is our light and life."


Life-sustaining energy.  Don't we all want that? I close my eyes and physically feel the warmth of the sun.  And it reminds me that the warmth of the Son is just as real.  


Thank you friend for the uplifting reminder in these flowers. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trust

Pancake Stirrers

Entitlement