Psalm 77

 



One of my favorite parts of teaching seminary is to hear the Devotionals  my students share.  


It allows me to see their faith and growing testimonies.


To see them trust and work through their questions. 


To see their love for others and God.


And it helps me learn and grow.


This morning one of them shared Psalm 77 and it's been on my mind all day.


It's real.  Just read and feel the emotions. 


2 In the day of my trouble I sought the Lord: my sore ran in the night, and ceased not: my soul refused to be comforted.


3 I remembered God, and was troubled: I complained, and my spirit was overwhelmed.


8Is his mercy clean gone for ever? doth his promise fail for evermore?


9 Hath God forgotten to be gracious? hath he in anger shut up his tender mercies?


All of us have felt this way at times.  


Sometimes for long seasons, sometimes shorter.  


Troubled. Inconsolable.  Complaining. Overwhelmed. 


Wondering if we've been abandoned.  


If we've angered the Lord.  


If His mercy has run out.


I think He understands when we are at that point.  


But that he also wants to help us through it.


We can learn from the psalmist.  


11 I will remember the works of the Lord:


12 I will meditate also of all thy work, and talk of thy doings.


14 Thou art the God that doest wonders:


It goes on to share reminders of how God helped Joseph, and Moses and many others over time.


My sweet student this morning phrased it this way. 


Looking back at how God has blessed us in the past can help us see the blessings now, even when things are hard.  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trust

Pancake Stirrers

Entitlement