Listen



 A story is told of a man flying as a passenger on a small aircraft. 


Unfortunately, as they were flying, the pilot lost consciousness.


The man was terrified but was able to contact radio control and plead for help as the plane continued on autopilot.


The clouds around him brought complete disorientation. 


But the voice on the other end of the radio said, "You can't see me,  but I can see you.  I can see where you are and I can see what you are going through."


The man looked around frantically and cried out, "I'm going to die!"


The voice echoed through his plane.  "Not if you follow my voice.  Do what I ask and I will bring you home safely."


The man agreed and carefully followed every direction until he was able to complete a guided but very bouncy landing.


Later, when an opportunity came to meet the radio control officer, the man instantly recognized his voice and threw his arms around his neck and sobbed in gratitude.


We are also flying in clouds and sometimes we don't know how to fly our planes.


But there is someone who always knows where we are and what we are going through.


And he is saying, "Come, Follow Me.  Listen to my voice and I will guide you home safely."


And someday we will have the chance to hear and know that voice too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trust

Pancake Stirrers

Entitlement