Watching

 



As we were driving home through the snow this week, I noted that George consistently checked his rearview mirror.  


To be fair, he uses his mirrors regularly when driving.  Which is of course a good thing.  


But this time he wanted to make sure that Kyrie's car with all our kids in it was with us and safe.  We saw them slide a couple of times as the roads were super slick, and occasionally we would end up further in front of them. 


Then he would have me check my app to see how far back they were or text one of the passengers. 


He wanted to see her lights to know she was okay.


It got me thinking about how I respond when I notice lights of others disappear from my radar.  


Sometimes it just means they have stopped for a break or to help another or maybe their circumstances slowed them down.


Sometimes it means I wasn't paying attention and lost track of them.


And sometimes it means they are having a difficulty and need help.  


Part of our call to minister to one another is to watch for each others'  lights.  To be more aware of the roads and routes we are traveling.  


Whose lights do I need to be looking for?

What is the Spirit prompting me to do? 


President Jean B Bingham spoke of the Savior's example, "But He also smiled at, talked with, walked with, listened to, made time for, encouraged, taught, fed, and forgave. He served family and friends, neighbors and strangers alike, and He invited acquaintances and loved ones to enjoy the rich blessings of His gospel. Those “simple” acts of service and love provide a template for our ministering today.

As you have the privilege to represent the Savior in your ministering efforts, ask yourself, “How can I share the light of the gospel with this individual or family? What is the Spirit inspiring me to do?”


Who is in your rearview mirror? 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trust

Pancake Stirrers

Entitlement