Run to Him

 


When things go wrong, and they will, who do you turn to first?


When you are seeking help and inspiration do you turn to the Lord first? Or only as a last resort when other things fail? 


Is your foundation built upon the wisdom of God or the wisdom of the world? 


Do my scripture apps or my social media times get more air time? 


Do I begrudgingly approach God? Or do I as usual taught in Proverbs, run to him?


Joseph Smith, speaking of the contentious religious debates of his time, could well have been describing our day. "In the midst of this war of words and tumult of opinions, I often said to myself: What is to be done? Who of all these parties are right; or, are they all wrong together? If any one of them be right, which is it, and how shall I know it?"


Perhaps religious revivals were not so very different from social media battles.


So what do we do? Where do we turn?


Proverbs 18:10 spells it out clearly. 


"The name of the LORD is a strong tower: the righteous runneth into it, and is safe."


Run to Him.  


Run alone if necessary.  Stop and rest if necessary.  Ask for directions if necessary. 


But run.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trust

Pancake Stirrers

Entitlement