Our Own Planet




 This time of year is my least favorite season.


The long stretch of grey and brown gets old and it's easier for me to fall into periods of melancholy.


Today I was teaching kindergarten and we were learning about space.


As the students sang along to a tune about the eight planets (I still automatically say nine....) one of the little guys looked up at me looking all teary. 


When the song ended I crouched down and asked him what was wrong.


"I am just so happy we get to live on this Earth.  We are actually on it right now! Can you believe it?  Our very own planet for us to live on and take care of."


Here was a six year old reminding me to be grateful for this planet I get to live on.


That I once shouted for joy at the chance to come to. (Job 38:7).


Isaiah 45:18 reminds further, "For thus saith the LORD that created the heavens; God himself that formed the earth and made it; he hath established it, he created it not in vain, he formed it to be inhabited: I am the LORD; and there is none else."


It was made for us.  


We are loved.  


I just needed the reminder.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trust

Pancake Stirrers

Entitlement