Noble Youth

 





Joydrops.  


As I finish this year of teaching seminary that's how I sum it up. 


Nine individuals who made me better.


There were plenty of lessons that I wondered if we got anything out of.


Plenty of mornings where the ring of my alarm was followed by a groan.  


Mornings of more heads down than up.  


But also so much joy.


So. Much. Joy.


Boys showing up in summer clothes with all the girls in winter pajamas and scarves.  


Students writing songs and painting pictures and building play dough characters.


Our student who goes to an out of town academy so only can pop in occasionally and always does with and warm welcome and bright smile. 


So much laughter.


Asking questions. 


Blowing the ceremonial horns.  


Helping each other.


Eating the edges of the coffee cake.


Making videos.  


Answering questions.


Praying. 


Forgiving.


Helping.


Studying.  


So many rounds of Seminary Telestrations.


Singing.  And not singing.  


Together.  


And then hearing them share their testimonies and sing together with the other ward.  


My heart is full at the strength of our youth.


As Ardeth G Kapp said, "My brothers and sisters, my heart is full of joy today, and I commend the great and noble leadership of those in the past who have done so much to put the foundation in place for the youth of today. My heart resounds to the heritage left us by those in years gone by, and now, on the threshold of today, I feel my heart saying, “O, youth of the noble birthright, Carry on, carry on, carry on!”"


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trust

Pancake Stirrers

Entitlement