How do You Feel Close to God?


 Feeling Close to God


I was asked a great question recently. 


How do you feel close to God?


I've been thinking and studying about that a lot.


I know what helps and hurts in my own situation but I wanted to hear from others.


Because it's an intensely unique and personal experience for each person.


It depends on personality, experience, emotions, current situation, and more.


So I posed the question in Sunday School yesterday and again at Seminary this morning.  


Here are some of the answers I received.


In the quiet and stillness.


In nature- specifically looking at creations He made for us.


Listening to music- various kinds for various people. 


At church.


When I am with good friends.


At seminary.


At FSY, Girls Camp or other youth camps with other youth.


When I pray.


When I read scriptures.


When I repent- I feel farther away when I have things that need cleared up.


When I serve others- that closeness to my brothers and sisters makes me feel near our Father.


When I survive or come out okay after doing something stupid and recognize his protection.


When I find clarity to a question or concern. 


When I learn more about my Heavenly Parents.


When I express gratitude.


When I consciously look for His hand in my life. 


When I follow a prompting and see that God is letting me work with Him. 


I loved this list and am saving it for when I maybe feel further away or desire a greater closeness.  They might not all apply to me or help me, but it gives me a framework to work from.


So my friends, I ask you as well.  


How do you feel close to God? 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trust

Pancake Stirrers

Entitlement