The choice is yours


 I walked into work with a smile. 


Seminary was a great start to the day.


Dinner was in the crockpot at home.  


My work emails were almost caught up and I had a bit of a bounce to my step.


It was only 7:34 and I was getting into the rhythm.


Then the loud speaker came on.


"Photographers are ready for picture day for all staff members right now in the auditorium."


And I froze in a bit of horror.


For the first time in 11 years I forgot.


And today I was wearing a tee shirt, with my hair pulled back and no makeup.


And lets be honest that's a truer picture of me- but NOT ON PICTURE DAY!


Not for all my staff IDs and school media. 😔


I felt foolish and a bit embarassed as I lined up next to my coworkers in their professional best.  Much like I wore YESTERDAY.


And suddenly it felt like it was going to be a terrible day.  


A heatwave, no a/c in the truck, infusion, miss my old friends, why can't I do anything right kind  of day.


And then I looked up and saw this sign in the front hall.  


"Make it a great day or not.  The choice is yours!"


And scripture flooded my mind.  


"Choose ye this day whom you will serve"


"Nevertheless thou mayest choose for thyself"


And 2 Nephi 10:23.  "Therefore, cheer up your hearts, and remember that ye are free to act for yourselves—to choose the way of everlasting death or the way of eternal life."


Was I really going to let the fear of other's perception ruin my day? A day that moments before felt like it would be great??!


It was up to me.


So I said a quick prayer.


And I stepped onto the stage with a big smile.  


I don't mess everything up.


I forgot which outfit to wear. 


That's it.


And today is going to be great, ironically in my tee shirt that says "You can do hard things".


Make it a great day or not.  The choice is yours!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Listen for the Love

Gardening and Comparing