Thanksgiving




My friend Mike shared a beautiful Thanksgiving story with me today.  


I wish you could hear the passion, excitement and gratitude in his voice but I will do my best with my words.


Mike and his wife joined the church earlier this year and have found so much goodness in the fruits of the changes following Jesus Christ has made.


This week, as his extended family gathered for Thanksgiving, for the first time in 52 years his family sat around the table together.


And Mike was asked to say grace.


He had the privilege and blessing of uttering the first prayer for his family to give thanks to God for all the goodness they have been blessed with.


Can you imagine the joy??!!


As Mike shared “by their fruits you will know them”.  


They are seeing the fruits.  The light in Mike and Shyla’s life. And it’s making a difference.


What a beautiful miracle! 


A family gathered together, around a table in a circle of love.


Praying with Thanksgiving. 


Thank you, Mike,  for sharing that miracle and letting me feel the light too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trust

Pancake Stirrers

Entitlement