JOY



 My why and purpose to my study of the Book of Mormon this year. 


“And we talk of Christ, we rejoice in Christ, we preach of Christ, we prophesy of Christ, and we write according to our prophecies, that our children may know to what source they may look for a remission of their sins.”


What better way to draw closer to him than to read another testament of Jesus Christ and his life and teachings?


I have heard the acronym JOY used to teach about being a disciple.  Love Jesus, love others and love yourself.


I want to use that acronym to guide my studies this year.


What does the passage teach me about Jesus?


What does it teach me about others? 


What does it teach  me about myself?


In the scripture verse quoted above this would mean:


Christ is THE source for a remission of our sins.  


When it says “our children” that doesn’t just mean my own children, but all who are within my circle of influence.  This includes those who watch me include or exclude others, keep or break covenants and turn to Christ in daily repentance.  


Talk, rejoice, prophecy, and write.  Which do I feel most inspired to personally act upon right now?  Do I show the children there is joy in keeping the commandments? Or just hardship and frustrations? Do I find that joy? Which commandments are harder or easier for me to find that joy in?  What is one commandment I can focus on today to become more joyful about keeping? 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trust

Pancake Stirrers

Entitlement