You’re Invited

 



I was reading in Revelations 22:1-4 this morning and then my study led me to read Elder Gong’s talk, Good Shepherd Lamb of God.  In his message he poses this inspiring challenge: Dear brothers and sisters, may we desire to be “humble followers of God and the Lamb,” perhaps someday to have our names written in the Lamb’s book of life, to sing the song of the Lamb, to be invited to the supper of the Lamb.


Most, if not all of us have had occasion to feel slighted when we didn’t receive an invite to an event.  Whether that simply pricked at our heart a bit or became an obsessive fixation that attacked our personal worth and forward progress (or somewhere in between), it can be a very real human challenge.


Yet it occurred to me today to wonder why I am more concerned about earthly invites to an event that will be over next week, instead of ensuring that I am actively accepting the invitation of my Savior.  


What a great tool for Satan to use in distracting me from my relationship with God.


We are all loved.  We all belong in the family of God.  And we have been invited to follow Christ, to come to his table.


And ALL are promised this by Jesus Christ IF we accept the invite.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trust

Pancake Stirrers

Entitlement