Identity



 Brock Purdy is an outstanding football quarterback.


But also an outstanding person.  


The 49ers QB recently had a conversation with Steve Young, another 49ers great.


The topic of faith came up and Brock shared these inspiring words:  "My identity isn’t in football,” Purdy said. “I know who I am, and ‘God, if you want me to do great with (football), great. If not, all right, let’s go do something else, wherever you need me.’ "


His sentiment brought to my mind the primary lyrics "I know who I am.  I know God's plan.  I'll follow Him in faith." 


What a great phrase to live by.


My identity isn't in ___________ (fill in anything here that you may be tempted to honor above God). I know who I am and God, if you want me to do great with _______, great.  If not, all right, let's go do something rlse, wherever you need me.


Not what do I want.


Not what feels easiest or best right now.


But wherever YOU need me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trust

Pancake Stirrers

Entitlement