Running From Darkness




 Running Toward Light

I was blessed to have missionaries in my

home for dinner tonight.  


After our meal, as is customary, they shared a message with us.


The sister shared of a time when she was working near the Grand Canyon to build a trail and had been working in seclusion on this day and lost track of time.  


With a sudden awareness of the sun setting and the impending darkness that would be enveloping the mountain, and not having equipment for night with her, she dropped her tools and began to run from the darkness.


That image made me ponder on several questions.


  1.  When the darkness of evil influences begins to creep in, do I run from it? Have I taught my children, through word and through action to do the same?
  1. How is my backup source of light? Am I prepared for encounters with darkness?
  1. Am I so busy building trails that I don’t even pay attention to the light levels around me? 


Jesus Christ is our source for light. As Abinadi taught, “He is the light and life of the world; yea, a light that is endless, that can never be darkened.”


Sister Virginia U Jensen eloquently instructed, “There are all kinds of darkness in this world: darkness that comes from sin; darkness that comes from discouragement, disappointment, and despair; darkness that comes from loneliness and feelings of inadequacy. 

....the light of Jesus Christ is stronger than any darkness we face in this life, if we have faith in Him, seek after Him, and obey Him. For as the Prophet Joseph revealed, “If your eye be single to my glory, your whole bodies shall be filled with light, and there shall be no darkness in you””.


Run from the darkness.  And be filled with light. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trust

Pancake Stirrers

Entitlement