Joy

 



All of my kids are home this week for our youngest’s graduation.


On Sunday morning as everyone filled the pew next to me, running a few minutes late, all I could feel was joy.  


Joy that we were all together for this moment.


Worshiping the Savior together.  


As I looked over at my daughter-in-law’s dress I noticed that the blue and coral flowers perfectly matched two of the girls’ dresses and helped tie the group together.


That very much describes her role in our family.  Her own unique beauty but one that helps us bind together.


We won’t be together for long, but I’m soaking up that joy. 


In 2 Ne we can read about the fall of Adam and Eve but also the blessings that came from that fall.


“And they would have had no children; wherefore they would have remained in a state of innocence, having no joy, for they knew no misery; doing no good, for they knew no sin.

But behold, all things have been done in the wisdom of him who knoweth all things.”


Yes there are hard parts in parenting.  


Trials and frustrations.  


And even fairly miserable parts.


But all of those are nothing compared to the joy that parenting can bring.


And this week my tank is being refilled. ❤️

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trust

Pancake Stirrers

Entitlement