Selah




 Selah.


Its a word used more than 70 times in

the Bible. 


It means to pause.  To reflect.  And sometimes to praise.


I love that it is built into many psalms.


Because sometimes in my rush to accomplish all the things on my to do list, I fail to remember this part of scripture study.


The ponder.  The apply.  Sometimes the answers to my prayers.


So this morning I read Psalm 46:1-3:


God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.


Therefore will not we fear, though the earth be removed, and though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea;


Though the waters thereof roar and be troubled, though the mountains shake with the swelling thereof. Selah.


Selah.


And I paused and reflected.


I thought of all the times and ways my loving heavenly parents have provided safety and refuge from me.  


How they have strengthened and loved me.  


Even when; no, especially when, things have been hard.  


Selah.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trust

Pancake Stirrers

Entitlement