Opportunities for Love




 “What time are you leaving?” my husband texted me.


“Right now” I typed back and picked up my backpack to head home from work last night.


As I approached the door I found George waiting with an umbrella to walk me to my car.


It was a few minutes out of his way as he was headed to an athletic training event but he made the time and made me filled special.


Later that night he brought me some small dark chocolate caramels he knew I would like.


He didn’t wait for the big things.  He just served. 


And he made my day a little bit better.


Often our most important service will be that which we offer in our own homes.


Sister Cheryl A Esplin shared, “True Christlike service is selfless and focuses on others. One woman who took care of her invalid husband explained, “Don’t think of your task as a burden; think of it as an opportunity to learn what love really is.””


Opportunities to learn to better show love are all around us.  


Starting in our homes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trust

Pancake Stirrers

Entitlement