Personal Inspiration

 


A friend invited me to a small book study where we were discussing the role of the Bible and its history.


The big question was whether or not we can personally have encounters with the Holy Spirit as we are reading, and thus be individually inspired by the words of God.


That is such an integral part of my daily study, that it is something I find I forget to be grateful for.  


I pray.  I read.  I ponder.  I listen.  I act.


One of my friends shared her concerns that trusting the Spirit should be left to those who have come through Seminary.  


That made me smile, as it is one of the core goals of our own seminary- to better teach teens how to have daily encounters with the Holy Spirit while reading scripture.  


I came away more grateful that I know I can  “feast upon the words of Christ” and through that process be guided by the Spirit through life, becoming ever closer to the example Christ showed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trust

Pancake Stirrers

Entitlement